Vick's Floral Art & Design Work

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January wedding fayre



Last Sunday one of the large hotels popular with weddings held a wedding Fayre and we were asked if we would like to take part. It meant all day Saturday I could play about making brides bouquets using lovely flowers. (I have a great job). At these events there is so many styles and designs you could do and there is always somebody wanting to see something you haven't done, but I take our photo album where there is a large variety of photo's from my past work. I like to have a look around at the other traders, some of the cake stands are amazing the designs so delicate. There was a fashion show with most amazing dresses and they asked us if we would let some of the girls walk on with our bouquets and I must admit it showed them off much better than just on a table. I always make myself a wrist corsage out of fressia so I can have the lovely smell on me all day. to promote our shop we give all the brides who take an interest a pink Gerbera with our shop name and phone number on as our business card. Its quite tiring and I must say I get a bit frustrated with some of the people when they are not getting married until 2011, its such big business.


This was a simple design large red rose with some feathers and pearls around the outside




Pink rose, baby calla, fressia and gray eucalyptus







White rose, white lily with dimonties and again fressia and a darker foliage french ruscuss.These were stunning pink roses no foliage each one had a pearl in the center and edged with a pearl ring.



I made this one a heart shape with St Valentine day ever approaching, with red roses with dimonties in the centre and gave it the rustic look with soft twigs from the silver birch tree.


Posted by Bob :: 11:08 pm :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------

Web Site Counter
Online Degrees