Vick's Floral Art & Design Work

Friday, August 06, 2010

Weekend B&B

My week at Keswick was soon over with lots of mixed feeling. I was glad to be meeting up with Robert, I had missed his so and with the loss of tippy I just needed to be with him. After I had filled up the car (seemed to be going back with more than I came with) I took Robert and tom to the Derwent lake where tom could have stayed all day. We then went onto Grizdale forest park where we had our picnic and a slow stroll through just a small part of the forest. There were a lot of people there having great fun swinging in the tree's. If I recall its called the ape trail and there are rope bridges, swings and zip wires high in the trees. Very brave Ill keep my feet on the ground. We stayed B&B in Appleby and enjoyed fish and chips for supper sitting by the river. Tom was very well behaved. We had intentions to walk round South Kirkby but the heavens opened so we traveled on to Hawes stopping off at a small walk which led to a lovely water fall which of course tom enjoyed immensely. We next stopped off at Layburn for an ice cream and window shopping. There wasn't a lot of people about it was good to have some time with Robert.





The sun came out not for long, we just back to the car before it teemed down again.









The wild flowers on the river bank at Appleby




Tom in the Derwent







Posted by Bob :: 7:36 pm :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------

Web Site Counter
Online Degrees