Vick's Floral Art & Design Work

Monday, February 02, 2009

snow on snow

I know for a lot of people snow is common place but here real thick snow like to day is rare. They are saying the worst for 18 years. As it is my day off today I don't mind it but will think twice tomorrow when I try to get to work. I took the dogs out who didn't seam to mind it in fact scampi rolled in it and had one of her mad dash round. She doesn't look so white against the snow so later in the day I gave her a bath, I was going to do it yesterday but the day slipped by.


Scampi having a mad dash round with tom looking amazed at seeing her move so quickly



Scampi now lagging behind.






I saw the tyre tracks in the snow and wondered if it was Robert and as we got near to the farm he was coming through the gate. Tip who recons to be going deaf and loosing her sight was the first to spot him, its selective hearing. Tom was to busy with one of his many sticks (you can see it in the photo) trying to get scampi to Chase him, to notice Robert at first but when he did went running as if he hadn't seen him for a week. I thought he would want to go with him but he was having to much of a good time. Robert had been getting hay from the farm to feed the sheep he looks after for the estate. Its a wonder we get to go anywhere the amount of times the dogs stop to have a sniff.







The big chestnut tree looks very grand covered in snow, the ground beneath is covered in snow drops all out of sight at the moment.


Walking back, Tip is always in front on the way back


The back of the big house looks good in snow



The front of our house, Fallon lives in the tower above the old horse carriage stables, Tip still in the lead stopping to make sure we are all coming.

Back home in the garden. I don't often watch the news on the TV but at lunch time turned it on to see the weather. It seems the snow has caused a major stand still in the whole of the country. Dispite the weather warnings we are not ready or prepaired for adverse weather , no trains, buses, planes, schools are off ,work force hasn't turned up and the lack of road clearing equipment makes you not want to venture out. I should be going to church tonight to my foundation course but I hope its cancelled as I don't trust the roads to be clear. Its not stopped snowing all day and the weather man tells us there is still plenty on the way. Watch this space.

Posted by Bob :: 3:52 pm :: 6 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------

Web Site Counter
Online Degrees