Vick's Floral Art & Design Work

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wedding flowers









Last week my manager at the flower shop got married. After a lot of thinking about the wedding flowers we came up with the flowers in the above photos. There are so many lovely flowers at this time of year so we decided on plain cream jugs full of our favourite flowers. there were ten jugs, peonies, daisies, scabious, four different rose's, acamila mollis, lizzyanthus, larkspur and great scented stocks. I also made replica cakes out of pink wet foam. I cut out the shapes and with the spare pieces rubbed the cake shapes to give a better finish. Using china grass and strips of aspriditra leaves I fixed them around the sides of the cakes using a pearl headed pin for decoration and to secure the strips. We had some little felt flower shapes I placed them on a few of the cake and with a pearl pin through a small flower head secured them in. I added pearl pins and different flower heads arranging them tastefully. They went down a treat and far as I know no body tried to eat them, but i had stuck them down just in case.



The brides bouquet was a simple hand tie of peonies with little sprays of acamilla mollis.




I also had another wedding that weekend, she is a regular customer to the shop and chose lovely cream rose's. She is a glitzy person and wanted dimonties in her bouquet, I put pearls in the centre of the rose and dimonties onto the bear grass around the edge of the bouquet.



This was the arrangement I made for the top table at the reception. On the guest tables she chose tall white vases with white roses and grasses with pearls threaded on.

Posted by Bob :: 7:18 pm :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------

Web Site Counter
Online Degrees